Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Trigger?

Seems like the nights I don't go the gym, or get out of the house, are nights I end up compulsive eating. Or really, really struggling not to, but 95% of the time I give in.
It started with having a happy day and just finished a great meal (all healthy choices decided upon last night) with a friend over lunch. Went back to the office and BAM! Bought two chocolate chips cookies. Then didn't go the gym (sort of knew I wasn't going to make it earlier today), then a healthy dinner, then extra bread, coolwhip, 2 cups cereal. None of this I needed.
I wasn't hungry for food, I had a filling dinner.
Something else was going on. Some feeling ??? not sure what??? is driving me to compulsive eat. It's taken all my effort to not go out and get a bag of chips and choc. bar.
I did weight myself today even though I had committed to myself that I was done with that. And of course, I hadn't lost any but I did feel ok about it. Strange. I did for the first half of the day. Still do now. More just mad that I weighted when I said I wasn't.
I compulsive eat when I'm happy, and also when I let myself down. Down for weighting, then the chips, then a spiral.
Gotta get to a meeting, I can see why I need group support to deal with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment