Saturday, February 6, 2010

Saturday, Feb. 6

Still learning a lot of new things and trying to reframe this journey and give myself credit for all that I've learnt since the fall. Portions, calories, timing of food.
One thing that definitely is an easy way to manage over-eating and calories is fitness. I normally am at the gym 3-5 week but since the fall I've dropped it to less because of team sports and being... well... lame. Now I'm down to even less. When I'm in a bootcamp or into training for something I do really well with 5-6 times a week.
The simple solution is get back into it, 5 days a week, 50-60 of cardio at a time. I have no problem with this, it's my preferred lifestyle. But, now, I'm so BORED with the gym! Decided to not train for the half marathon in the spring (too much time commitment) and am so bored at the gym. I would prefer to not spend a lot of money on bootcamp so I guess I could do somethings different:
- try many of the group fitness classes at the gym
- train for a 10 km but focus on the fastest time ever
- go back to running outside as it's easier to run than the gym
- run with the Running Room on Sundays
- maybe some new gym outfits!
- using a schedule again to track how many days I work out in a week (and put it on the fridge like I used to do)


That's about all I can think about that doesn't cost any more money and will interest me.

This week coming up I'm on holiday so want to focus on eating smart a restaurants and getting lots of walking in. Enjoying good, healthy food in California!

No comments:

Post a Comment