Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Couldn't make it two days...

Without "cheating". Did well on day one of a work course with free lunch. Said no to all desserts and snacks. Day two was planning on doing the same, but then WHAM! Out of no where had two desserts. The unexpected cheats are harder to deal with. A craving is one thing, but something so unexpected and unplanned it's what getting me every time.

I think I was bored with the class and stressed about missing work.

Well, today I said no to free muffins and goodies at a meeting, so I'm back to Day One. By not cheating tomorrow - day two. This would be a big deal. I haven't gone two days in a row in over a year.

I'm looking at food like an addiction and I remember how hard and difficult quitting smoking was. Food is the same: cravings and unexpected slip ups. But, it took me 2.5 years to successfully quit smoking so this is no different. Maybe harder because it's socially acceptable.
Next log in will be day two or three of no addictions.

No comments:

Post a Comment